11/09/2009

My Garden

Above is the Mexican Buttercup, that always has a few blooms.

Below is an ornamental Sweet Potato
spread out underneath the Loquat Tree.


Bloom of the Sweet Potato Vine, which
doesn't happen to be blooming right now,
so I'll substitute the Seaside One. 


A stinky Citronella


Society Garlic



Dainty Pink Impaiients


 
I love planting flowers.  This summer I had 6 Yellow Mexican Buttercups, 12 Vica Minors in White, Pink and Lavender.  There also was 2 Ornamental Sweet Potatoes which has a bloom like a Blue Morning Glory that spread everywhere, 2 Ruffled ferns , 1 small Elephant ear with 2 Society Garlic in blue, 3 Citranella (which looks like a Gerainam) surrounded by red bark with a white rock riverbed underneath the Loquat Tree.  

 Maybe it reminds me of our garden that had pretty flowers like Camelias and Fushias in full bloom and tiny Orchids hanging from the branchs of the Fig tree. Even our Geranians were 5 feet tall and seemed to bloom all year long.  And Mom's roses were beautiful, especially the Abe Lincoln.  And Dad's garden was the talk of the town.  We always had fresh vegetables all year round and enough lemons for all our friends.  It was easy to put fresh flowers on the table. While on vacation we brought back a tiny Sequoia Tree.  It grew so big we finally had to cut it down. 

     Strawflowers, one of my favorite flowers
           Dad and I planted          


One of our most beautiful yards was in Colorado where our entire yard was inclosed in 6 foot high mulicolored Lilacs.  Need I say more if you are a spring gardener.  The plant below is one of my long time favorites

Purple Velvet Vine

 Later on I remember going to Morgan Farms and cutting fresh multi colored fragrant Snapdragons for the center of the table. Oh, how I miss people from the fields, like the Hands, Buzbee's and the Morgan's bringing by fresh strawberries and long stem gladiolas fresh picked from a field.  Cherish the memories

No comments: