6/22/2010

Wildflowers in Ruskin Part 4

Huge Bleeding Heart sprawled out over an old deserted porch.
Clerodendrum thomsoniae

                            

Very delicate pink Meadow Beauty
 wildflowers among the grasses in June.


A tiny walking Stick actually was watching me take this picture.
He is on the right side, half way down.
These little bushes have tiny white flowers
on the end and bright orange stems at the center
Rust Weed  - Poypremum procumbens

I love these little Pink Rain Lilies.


I have been watching the Blue Plumbago's
and here is a beautiful row along the highway.

I love taking pictures of the current blooming wildflowers
 around Ruskin, but I really don/t seem to find
 anymore newcomers.  So, I'm
off to the nurseries again to see whats blooming now.

The Caladiums are stunning. I love all the varieties
And I do see them growing wild along the shady ditches.

And so are the yellow Tiger Eyes - Rudbeckia


Light Blue Persian Violets
with bright yellow centers - Exacum Affine


These huge lilies keep blooming all spring.
  Here it is the middle of July in the parking lots,
and some still have some buds left to open.


Oh, a perfect Pink Echinacea bloom.


A field of Phasey Bean, (along the road)
Macroptilium Lathyroides,
a little like tiny Sweet Peas.


I'll include lovely Peace Lilies again,
because I still see them blooming in yards.


Off in search of some newcomers this season.

No comments: